Monday, October 12, 2009

Thank you for dying, Jesus...and thank you for my eyes!

I was just putting Asia down for a nap, and she prayed "Thank you dying Jesus, thank you God, and thank you for eyes" :) What a precious little person she is. She often will say things that make me think or laugh, but today, she has inspired me to act! I am praying today that the Lord will give me His eyes to see things from a fresh perspective. I get so caught up in the routine of each day that I don't always take the time I need to slow down...to really pray, to really listen. As I write, I am thinking of four friends who have all had to deal with the pain of miscarriage in recent months. I'm thinking of my family and friends who are suffering from different illnesses and heartaches. And, I am reminded of so many people who struggle with day to day life....how do we make it all work! The laundry. The kids. The cleaning. Our jobs. Spouses. Friends. The gym. Dinner. School. Our attitude. And the list goes on and on. Psalm 139 is on my heart. It reads "O Lord, you have searched me and know me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up...you search my path and are acquainted with all my ways...where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in the depths, you are there! For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts...lead me in the way everlasting!"

I pray whatever you may be going through today that God would give you His eyes to see things in a fresh way. Our "tasks" can be full of joy if we remember that the Lord's presence is always with us. The Lord knows you today...enjoy Him!!

1 comment: